VPN Merchant Account
You are a VPN service owner. You’ve finished all the tech-related setups and ready to sell your product. But what a bad break – payment service provider (PSP) declines your application. What to do? How to grow your business? Firstly, do not panic. Secondly, it’s time to find a proper payment service provider that has solutions for your business type.
What is a VPN service?
VPN or virtual private network lets users send and receive data across shared or public networks thanks to extending of a private network across a public one. VPN service (provider) is a company that lets customers use it as an extension in one’s browser or download a special program for further installation.
Why VPN service is considered a high-risk business
- The high rate of chargebacks. The VPN merchants offer an intangible product. That is why it is hard to evaluate its quality. Or prove that the end-user has received it when a customer claims that he/she has not.
- The high rate of fraud. As users exploit VPN to browse more anonymously, it is a fraudsters’ heaven. The “high-risk” mark depends on the business’s clientele as well. That’s why VPN providers may face some troubles while opening a merchant account.
What are the core needs of VPN merchants
- Chargeback prevention. As long as chargebacks are among the two main “pains” of the VPN providers, the PSP must have top-notch prevention tools. Make sure the provider has its own fraud & chargeback prevention software. It’s important because, in the case of the dispute, the liability won’t go to the third party company. Which means, the PSP is fully in charge of monitoring suspicious transactions, logins from unusual IPs, and so on.
- Fraud prevention. As we’ve mentioned, fraud & chargeback prevention is a must. Nevertheless, the PSP must be PCI DSS compliant as well. The main aim of the Data Security Standard is minimizing the level of payment card fraud. PSP needs to meet the PCI Council requirements to get the certification.
- Recurring billing. Similar to the web hosting services, VPN service uses a subscription-based model. That means users pay for the service monthly or yearly. Ensure that the payment processor lets you, as a merchant, to automatically charge cardholder for your product on the prearranged schedule.
- Variety of payment methods. VPN services attract global customers. So, the PSP should provide a variety of traditional and alternative payment methods. That will satisfy customers’ needs and ensure smooth & fast payments.
For 15+ years, Ikajo International provides payment processing services to international merchants. During that time, our team has created state-of-art solutions for different business types. Ikajo offers fast and hassle-free onboarding for VPN providers. It is possible, thanks to our vast network of acquiring banks. Moreover, Ikajo helps to identify fraudulent transactions and prevent chargebacks. Contact us today to get the best fitting solution!
- API and HPP integration
- Free recurring billing
- PCI DSS Level 1
- Chargebacks & fraud prevention
- 60+ proven banks relationships
- 100+ payment methods
- Mobile banking
- 24/7 customer support