What Is GrabPay?
The number of various payment services keeps increasing, allowing customers to pick an ideal option, depending on their location, purchase of a transaction, and other factors. GrabPay is one of the options that people living in South East Asia can use today. If you wish to find out what it is, why it is good, and other interesting information, then just keep reading this article.
Initial Information about
GrabPay is a payment method launched by Grab, which is a ridesharing service. This application is used by more than 100 million users. It is a location-specific option available in Singapore. It allows accessing various virtual payment methods from a single GrabPay wallet. The methods that you can link to your wallet include bank cards, PayPal, and others. You will have this wallet installed on your mobile device, which means that you will not have to carry any cards or cash with you to make payments at online and land-based stores where this payment method is accepted.
You will be earning GrabRewards points. Once you collect a certain number of points, you can redeem them for vouchers. Also, it is possible to convert them into KrisFlyer Miles. It does not matter what type of transaction you make, you will be earning points anyway. To use this service, you must be at least 16 years old, be a resident of Singapore or have valid permission to live in the republic.
What Is a GrabPay Card?
If you do not have a bank card, but want to use one, it is possible to do that with the GrabPay payment service. You can order a GrabPay card, which you can use for making payments worldwide right from your mobile wallet. Currently, you can only order a MasterCard card, so it can be used on websites or brick-and-mortar stores accepting this type of bank card.
You can order your GrabPay card in the following way:
- Open the Grab app;
- Tap on the Request Physical Card button;
- Make a deposit of at least $10. It is also possible to use 5,000 points;
- Verify your address;
- Submit your request.
- Once you get your card, you will need to activate it properly.
The Benefits of GrabPay
There are plenty of benefits that you can access by using this payment option. They include the following:
- Convenience. You can pay without any cash for a range of services. Simply download the app, link it with other payment methods, and you are ready to use it;
- Special rewards. You will be earning rewards for making transactions using the GrabPay payment method. This allows you to get vouchers and other rewards;
- Additional services. Initially, Grab was an app for riding needs, but today it can be used for a variety of purposes. For instance, you can use it to play for food delivery, subscription, and many other services;
- Top-Notch Security. There is a large set of security measures available in the app, including PIN, biometric authentication, 3-D secure protocols, and more. This means that you can use this payment option without worries.
GrabPay is a pretty good payment option that allows making cashless payments for a large variety of services. All you need to use is a mobile device and internet collection. Simply download the app and link it to other payment methods that you wish to use. The only major drawback of GrabPay is that it can be used by customers who live in Singapore.