Web-design Merchant Account
With e-commerce on the rise, website design agencies are in high demand. Even so, being an expert isn’t the only factor defining a web designer’s success. Understanding the basics of monetizing digital products is also a must. Check out this article to learn what steps to make to start accepting payments for your web design services.
The short guide into payment processing work
First, it is crucial to understand the very basics of payment processing. There are four main parties in this process:
- A merchant. The person who wants to sell products or services online is called a merchant. His/her goal is to start accepting payments online
- A PSP. It is a common acronym for a payment system provider, a company that helps merchants to start accepting payments. Ikajo International, Stripe, PayPal, e.g.
- A payment gateway. That is a software that allows merchants to accept payments on the website. The final result of a payment gateway in action is a payment page at which customers print down their credit card details and accomplish purchases.
- A customer. The actual person who buys the merchant’s products via website/smartphone.
How to start accepting payments for web design services
- Contact a PSP. To find the right PSP, you have to be aware of your own business needs. From payment methods to the fee structure, all the PSPs are different. Do the research and see what fits you best.
- Apply for a merchant account. After a merchant contacts a PSP of his choice, they give him a merchant account application. It includes a range of essential documents as well as website requirements (continue reading to see the list).
- Get started. Once your application is approved, you are getting a payment gateway and start accepting payments.
Range of documents to open a web-design merchant account
Take a look at the specified range of documents one should collect to open a web-design merchant account:
- Certificate of incorporation.
- Certificate of Incumbency (or similar document).
- Copies of valid passports with visible bearers signatures for all company officers and owners.
Website requirements to open a web-design merchant account
To open an essay merchant account, you have to make sure that your website contains the following:
- Terms & Conditions Page;
- Name of the company in the footer;
- Contact us button with an email and phone number;
- Deposit & Refund Policy Page;
- Visa and Mastercard logos [in case you offer them as payment methods]
For 15+ years, Ikajo International provides payment processing services to international merchants. During that time, our team has created state-of-art solutions for different business types. Ikajo offers fast and hassle-free solutions for opening web design merchant accounts. It is possible, thanks to our vast network of acquiring banks. Moreover, Ikajo helps to identify fraudulent transactions and prevent chargebacks. Contact us today to get the best fitting solution!
- Web design merchant accounts solutions
- API and HPP integration
- Free recurring billing
- PCI DSS Level 1
- Chargebacks & fraud prevention
- 60+ proven banks relationships
- 100+ payment methods
- Mobile banking
- 24/7 customer support