E-commerce merchant account
E-commerce in the new black among 21 century businessmen. It expands the global market and provides merchants with unlimited sources of growth. In its roots, e-commerce is all about money transfer. As a merchant, you want to accept secure and fast payments on your website. Take a look at this article to find out how to open an e-commerce merchant account.
What is e-commerce
Ecommerce, also known as electronic commerce or internet commerce, refers to the buying and selling of goods or services using the internet, and the transfer of money and data to execute these transactions. E-commerce is often associated with physical products sale only. However, it also describes any kind of commercial transaction via internet. Amazon, AliExpress, Alibaba, Ebay, e.g. are the examples of e-commerce giants in 2019.
What are the core needs of e-commerce merchants
Take a look at this list to see the critical needs of any e-commerce merchant:
- Security. Credit card fraud is the very nightmare of e-commerce businessmen. Not only it gets you a bad rap but also increases your chances to get lock down. Why is it so? The credit card fraud and chargebacks often go hand in hand. The victim of a digital crime applies for a chargeback. If such cases happen on a regularly basis, you risk to get busted. The rate of chargebacks should not exceed the point of 4%. For example, you sell 1000 physical product per month. If you get 40 chargebacks, you are in trouble. Well, don’t panic. High-quality PSPs have fraud and chargeback preventions systems to keep you safe.
- The wide range of payment methods. E-commerce merchants target clients from all over the globe. The wider your net is, the more successful you are. This is why any e-commerce merchant needs a wide range of payment methods. There are traditional options that are a total must: Visa, MasterCard, JCB, Discover, Diners. Besides, there are local payment methods you should not underestimate. They vary according to your specific geo-preferences. For example, to penetrate the South American market you should offer Latam. To succeed in China, you need WeChat and AliPay.
- In-app payments. Allied Market Research states that by 2023 global mobile payments will exceed £3.5 trillion. Thus, they really are a big deal. Merchants should not ignore that fact. In-app payment are fast, native and extremely easy. You hit the “Buy” button and you are done. Make sure that PSP of your choice provides payment gateways for mobile apps.
- API integration. You’ve dedicated a lot of time and efforts to attract clients. You don’t want to lose them at the very end of buying path. Redirecting to another payment page is risky. It raises concerns among users. Choose API integration that does not redirects a client to another page to accomplish the payment.
Ikajo International is a secure and trusted option for e-commerce merchants. The 15+ years of experience turned us into professionals. We provide e-commerce merchant accounts easily as we have multiple acquiring banking partners all over the globe. Contact us today, and we will help you to find a perfect payment solution.
- API and HPP integration
- In-app payments
- Free recurring billing
- PCI DSS certificate
- Chargeback prevention
- x+ proven banks relationships
- A wide range of payment methods
- Mobile banking
- 24/7 customer support