Dynamic 3D Secure
What is dynamic 3D Secure?
In general, 3D Secure is an international payment system technology. It is a global and safe method for effecting various payment operations through the Internet.
Such identification is possible thanks to entering a single-use password by the card owner. The bank sends it automatically by an SMS message to the mobile phone of a holder when s/he performs the operation.
The customer can verify the identification of a person using two methods, for instance:
When choosing a static 3D Secure form, the cardholder has to choose a password in a certain window which usually consists of four or six characters. It is a form of a supplementary security measure when a client pays online.
There are several rules that you should take into account when setting dynamic 3D Secure:
- According to the merchant rules, the operations are effected only for a specific customer
- Systemic rules take priority over the dynamic 3D secure regulations
- An AND statements are a part of the subcomponents
- The rules are sequential. If no rule works appropriately, the operation supported 3D secure will use it
- Dynamic authentication is a one-time dynamic code. The bank provides it by means of SMS messages to a mobile phone or email of a client for logging on and performing operations in the Internet Bank system. The dynamic code provides additional security.